It wasn’t that long ago that small and medium-size business (SMB) accounting software resided on a PC – and only on a PC. Today, with more than 1.3 million Intuit QuickBooks users alone accessing the online version of QuickBooks, it’s time for every accountant to take a look at what Cloud computing can offer for streamlining the process of everyday tasks. But the question lingers – “can I use my Quickbooks on a Tablet?” When coupled with mobile devices, the Cloud offers the freedom of anywhere/anytime availability that can be hugely beneficial to in-house financial teams as well as consultants.
If you’re just now exploring how to migrate to the Cloud and provide access to employees and clients via mobile devices, here are two ideas to consider:
- Establish BYOD policies. Today, at least 30 percent of accounting firms have generic bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policies for employees. BYOD policies are regulations set in place that align and support the corporate environment. Traditional office boundaries are vanishing, and BYOD is one way to enable employees to easily check e-mails and to work off-site or at home on their smartphones or mobile devices.
- Select a Cloud technology that allows for mobile device flexibility. Your customers and staff already own mobile devices. Make it easy for them to use the device they’re most comfortable with to access and share critical documents via the Cloud.
Moving to the Quickbooks cloud and enabling mobile devices to access needed information anywhere, anytime will not only erase some business headaches, it will prepare your operations for future technological improvements while adding to the bottom line through more efficient accounting practices. With our mobile apps you can easily access your accounting information from anywhere using anyone of these smart phone platforms. You’ll never wonder, “can I use my Quickbooks on a tablet?” again!
Here’s a simple guide to get you started on your mobile device:
The Citrix Receiver for Windows Mobile runs on all the processor types supported by Windows Mobile Professional 6.1 and 6.5. Download the Receiver.
To install the Android app, go to the Android Market and search for the Citrix Receiver to download and install.
To install the Blackberry app, visit http://www.citrix.com/English/ss/downloads/details.asp?downloadId=2306111&productId=1689163 on your supported mobile device.
- iPhone & iPod Touch
Go to iTunes and download the Citrix Receiver.
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed the appropriate app on your smart phone here are the Swizznet specific settings you will need to use to connect:
Username: (Swizznet user name)
Password: (Swizznet password)
Access Gateway: on
Gateway Type: Enterprise Edition
Authentication Type: Domain Only
If you are prompted to complete all required fields, please fill in the description field however you’d like (i.e. Swizznet)
IPAD Tablet Setup:
If you would like to use your iPad to connect to Swizznet you will need to download the Citrix Receiver for iPad from iTunes.
Once you have downloaded and installed the Citrix Receiver on your iPad here are the Swizznet specific settings you will need to use to connect:
- Address: https://admin.swizznet.com
- Username: (Swizznet user name)
- Password: (Swizznet password)
- Domain: Swizznet
- Access Gateway: on (if “no apps available” error change to “XenApp Server”)
- Gateway Type: Enterprise Edition
- Authentication Type: Domain Only
Using QuickBooks from your mobile device is simple with Swizznet! Access your cloud on the go from your phone, tablet, Mac or computer at home. With instant access to expert advice and training, your clients can staff with less-expensive personnel. Swizznet lets your business be there for your colleagues and clients, online, every day.
To answer the question – “can I use Quickbooks on a tablet?” – the answer is yes. Ready to get started?
Here’s how we help your organization overcome the scariness of the unknown: We pay for a 15-day Swizznet account, we set up your Swizznet and virtual office, we train you and support your staff. We have a simple, no-tricks monthly subscription. Contact us today!