Hosted QuickBooks Tip of the Week: Custom Email Templates in 2014
QuickBooks 2014 gives the option to send custom email templates using pre-built data fields to customers or vendors.
Currently, QuickBooks can create custom email templates for:
- Sales Orders
- Sales Receipts
- Credit Memos
- Purchase Orders
- Pay Stubs
- Overdue Invoices
- Almost Due Invoices
- Payment Receipts
To create a new email template:
Note: - You must switch to single-user mode and have permission to modify company-based preferences.
- Select Edit>Preferences
- From the left panel click Send Forms
- Click the Company Preferences Tab
- Near the bottom of the window click Add Template
- If you would like to add a data field, click on the area where you want to insert one.
- From the Insert Field drop down select the data field you want to insert
- Click Save and then OK.
You will not be allowed to modify or delete the ‘Stock’ template, but the default template used can be changed.
Please tune in to next week’s QuickBooks tip.