Hosted QuickBooks Tip of the Week: Re-Sorting QuickBooks Lists
Re-Sorting lists in QuickBooks can resolve a few issues. Here is a list of a few things it could be used to fix:
- If your list seems to be out of order
- Items on reports are out of order
- You are not able to turn on account numbers for the Chart of Accounts
- New entries show up at the top of the list
- The name filter drop-down auto-fill will not always work in the Advanced Find feature
- While typing a name in the list, the “quick-type” feature will not find the record
In order to view the master name list within QuickBooks, you will need to open the Write Checks window. Click on the Pay to the order of filed and then use command CTRL-L and the list will open.
After Re-Sorting your list, you should close the QuickBooks program and then re-open to see if it resolved the issues.
Intuit’s Knowledgebase Article with detailed instructions on how to re-sort your lists is located at http://support.quickbooks.intuit.com/support/articles/SLN40562
Please tune in to next week’s QuickBooks tip.