Hosted QuickBooks Tip of the Week: Restrict who sees bank and credit card accounts on the home page in QuickBooks
The ability to see the Bank and Credit Card Accounts and Balances is dependent on user permissions. You can edit a current user’s permission or setup a new user and enable/disable the ability to view the Bank and Credit Card Accounts list on the Home Page.
To edit or create a new user:
- Select Company>Setup Users and Passwords.
- Either select Add User or select the user from the list and select Edit User.
- When the wizard opens, and asks for Access, select Selected Areas of QuickBooks and click Next.
- When you get to the Wizard Window named Sensitive Accounting Activities, choose No Access or Selected Access. The account list will only appear if you select Full Access.
- Continue with the Wizard until you get to the summary screen. Review the permissions and click Finish.
Please tune in to next week’s QuickBooks tip.